Are you looking for MOT And Interim Service for your vehicle?
MOT and Interim service are crucial for superior driving safety, comfort and engine performance. While it is mandatory for vehicles more than three years to appear for an annual MOT, experts recommend opting for Interim car service every 6,000 miles or six months, whichever is earlier.
If you are searching for a trusted service station offering MOT and interim service Southampton, look no further than Solent MOT Centre Ltd.
We are now online!
Now, book an MOT and interim service through this website without leaving the comfort of your place. Book a slot at a date and time of your preference.
We also offer an easy payment facility that allows you to split the bill for our services over a period of 4 months.
Here’s all about our MOT test and interim services.
Solent MOT Centre Ltd. is a DVSA-approved service station offering MOT Southampton for class 4 vehicles. We abide by the UK government norms and conduct all essential checks per the updated legal guidelines.
Prior to starting the test, we look into the MOT history of a vehicle to determine the recurrent issues. During the test we check several areas, including:
- Exhaust emissions
- Tyres and wheels
- Steering and more
If a car passes an MOT, we issue a VT20 certificate which validates the vehicle’s roadworthiness for a year. In case of failure, we provide a VT30 certificate.
In such cases, you may opt for our post-MOT repairs, after which you can get a partial retest within ten working days of the actual test at a reduced cost.
At Solent MOT Centre Ltd., we offer a comprehensive interim service Southampton for several vehicular segments. Also, our facility has an extensive stock of OE-grade spares, and our technicians use the best-in-class equipment. So, we take care of any necessary repair or replacement.
The interim service at our facility comprises 50 checks. These are some of the areas that we cover:
Suspension & Steering
- Inspecting suspension and steering components for corrosion and wear
- Checking horn
- Assessing the operation of exterior lights
- Checking/topping up power steering reservoir (where applicable)
- Inspecting for excessive oil leakage
- Replacing oil filter
- Draining the engine oil and refilling with the correct quantity, grade and type
- Checking the security and condition of the undertray
- Topping up coolant as necessary
- Inspecting fuel filter replacement interval and reporting if it is due
Wheels & Tyres
- Inspecting wheels for correct balance (including spare if applicable)
- Checking tread depth and tyre condition (including the spare tyre)
- Removing road wheels and inspecting the condition of hub faces
- Setting wheel nut torque to manufacturers settings
Vision, General & Internal
- Inspecting screen washer operation and aligning jets if necessary
- Checking operation and condition of windscreen wiper
- Checking dash warning lights
- Resetting vehicle service light where applicable (subject to tooling and data availability)
- Inspecting condition/operation of the rear wiper (if fitted)
- Topping up screen washer bottles
Brakes & Drive System
- Inspecting brake fluid level and topping up if necessary
- Checking brake pads for damage or wear
- Examining the wheel cylinder operation and reporting any leakage
- Checking for correct clutch operation
- Inspecting brake callipers for security and leakage
Service Preparation & Road Test
- Checking for body damage
- Inspecting operation of brakes for noise and pulling/judder
- Checking steering controls and column for movement/wear
Additional Hybrid Checks
- Rotating road wheels to check for brake binding
- Inspecting condition of charging cable and charging port
- Inspecting condition and operation of windscreen wiper
Then, reach us today instead of searching ‘MOT checker near me’.