Listed below are the different vehicles that fall under this class:
- Quads (maximum unladen weight is 400 kg)
- Cars featuring up to 8 passenger seats
- Goods vehicles (having a design gross weight of up to 3,000 kg)
- Public service and private hire vehicles (that consist of up to 8 seats)
- Taxis and ambulances
- 3-wheelers with more than 450kg unladen weight
- Dual-purpose vehicles
- Motor caravans, etc.
At Solent MOT Centre Ltd., the technicians first look into a vehicle’s MOT history to determine if any recurrent issue is present and then begin the test. Some of the areas that they look into while carrying out an MOT Southampton are:
- Suspension system
- Exhaust emissions
- Tyres and wheels
When a car passes all the tests, we provide a VT20 certificate with one-year validity. We also issue a VT30 certificate in case of test failure.
Car service Southampton
Routine car servicing is a must to ensure an optimal driving experience year-round. It helps identify and eliminate underlying vehicular issues early, ensuring that the car passes an MOT test Southampton in one go.
Here is what the car servicing regimen at Solent MOT Centre Ltd. looks like:
Interim Car Service Southampton - Recommended every 6,000 miles or six months, whichever is earlier
- Inspecting for correct gearbox operation
- Topping up screen washer bottles
- Checking dash warning lights, etc.
Full Car Service Southampton - Recommended every 12,000 miles or 12 months, whichever is earlier
- Checking the security and condition of the undertray
- Checking the brake condition
- Inspecting for excessive oil leakage, etc.
Major Car Service Southampton - Recommended every 24,000 miles or 24 months
- Visual inspecting HT (high tension) leads
- Inspecting horn
- Lubricating battery terminals
Besides these, we also offer:
- Wheel alignment
- Battery replacement
- Exhaust service
- Air con servicing
- Car safety check
- Fuel system checks and cleaning, etc.
The tyres in our inventory serve different price brackets, including premium, mid-range and cheap tyres. The tyres belong to different categories, including:
- Summer tyres
- Winter tyres
- All-season tyres
- 4x4 tyres
- Performance tyres
At our facility, you will find tyres from these brands:
- Michelin, etc.
So, refrain from searching for ‘MOT checker near me’ and reach us today!
Call us on 02380 783403.